3 years, 700K words: Anathema serial is complete.

Page: 12

Responses

1. mathtans (Member)

Posted 4 months ago

Want to add, I'm impressed that you kept the 2014 version. (Worried I was the only one to archive my early stuff.) You probably came further in 3 years there then I have in 10, which is doubly impressive given the language barrier. I am a bit curious, did you rewrite the post-edit version almost from scratch? There's similarities (like "You can't hurt yourself" / "You can't cut yourself") but it overall feels very different to me. (Don't feel all we native speakers are speed writers though, 400 words in an hour is about my limit too. And it's not my typing speed, I can type in real time when I do secretary work.)

At any rate, congrats, all the best with your new novel.

Writing a Time Travel serial: http://mathtans.wordpress.com
    Writer of the personification of math serial: http://www.mathtans.ca
  2. Chrysalis (Member)

Posted 4 months ago

Thanks, Tartra! <3

@Mathtans - I actually didn't archive the 2014 version, I had to go and copy it from a private message on Myth Weavers, the play-by-post roleplaying forum where everything began. I found my very first readers there months before I even had the Wordpress site up; I know at least one of them kept following me all the way to the last update. Which is kind of awesome! I'm also pretty sure Myth Weavers is the reason Anathema shot up into the top 15 right from the beginning.

The final version of the chapter turned out quite different because I was working with an AMAZING developmental editor who made me change... a lot of stuff. Unfortunately she doesn't take large jobs anymore, but I learned soooo much from her. I can now spot flaws and inconsistencies (usually, ofc I still miss stuff) without anyone pointing them out for me. My first drafts today don't remotely compare to 2014.

Anathema, a web serial about the effect superpowers would have on our world. http://anathemaserial.wordpress.com/
  3. Tintenteufel (Member)

Posted 4 months ago

Big, biggest congratulations, Chrysalis!
    That is some impressive dedication there and I am glad you stuck to it, even through the idiot comments.

Blut und Rost - German Webserial about the horror that is human interaction
  4. Psycho Gecko (Member)

Posted 4 months ago

I somehow completely missed this when it first showed up here. Congratulations, Chrys. Now it's time to sit back, relax, and work on that Dragonball Z-style Space Opera where humanity is mysteriously uplifted with ki-powers in order to try and fight off an approaching alien invasion force.

Or maybe a nice novel about a demonic rock star fighting a plot by angels to destroy rock n'roll.

But enough about my spare thoughts, glad you were able to manage it, despite the burnout. It has been good to see you work and achieve success over the years.

5. MaddiroseX (Member)

Posted 4 months ago

@Chrysalis (answering a nearly week-old question) Things have been pretty wonderful, but also so very busy! I think I owe you an email, I should really get my butt in gear on that ^_^

Spurs & Seraphim (ongoing) | Beta Key (complete) | Twisted Cogs (complete) | Orbital Academy (complete)

You must log in to post.