Backlog status (Aug 26, 2015)

1 year ago | Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Hi all,

I took a bit of a vacation last week (generally, not just from WFG). I'll try to get about 20 submissions processed in the next week. Oldest item in the queue is currently 5 weeks. I'll do several of them tonight.

Chris

Read responses...

Responses

1. MaddiroseX (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Just wanted to say that your dedication to this site and community is honestly astounding.

You rock.

Spurs & Seraphim (ongoing) | Beta Key (complete) | Twisted Cogs (complete) | Orbital Academy (complete)
  2. Wildbow (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Chris does indeed rock.

How was the vacation, Chris? Was it a genuine 'unwinding time' vacation, or a 'spending time with family, now I'm more tired and stressed than I was before the vacation' vacation?

3. Kess (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks for all your hard work, Chris! Hope you had a good, restful break. :)

4. Patrick Rochefort (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

> or a 'spending time with family, now I'm more tired and stressed than I was before the vacation' vacation

Wildbow knows what's up. x_x

From Winter's Ashes: A Detective with nothing left to lose, against a Necromancer with a world to gain.
  5. Fibi (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

we indeed salute your dedication. Hoping your vacation was a good time.

6. Taulsn (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

You the man Chris.

7. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

See, this is why you don't thank people for stuff before they've done it. ;)

Starting on it now.

8. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

Okay, posted 5 new stories. Front of the submission queue is now July 23. I've also processed all the change requests for existing listings. I'll aim to post another 3-5 new submissions each day this week until we're back under a 3 week lead time.

9. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

6 more processed (3 posted, 3 rejected). Front of the queue is now July 28.

10. Wildbow (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Out of sheer curiosity, Chris, what were the factors that led to the three stories being rejected?

11. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

Two for being fan fiction, one for having only one post (over a month ago).

12. Sten Düring (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

For your own ease of mind, what about a functionality to flag a change-request for an existing story? Just asking because I know I am one one of those who added to your queue with status change -requests.

I'd guess most change requests would be to flag something on-going to abandoned (I don't plan to finish it) or to finished (I've just mentally or physically written 'The End'). The second type I guess is a change to the update-schedule and distant thirds and lower would probably be change of publishing sites, genre changes and title-changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Craig Terlson (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks for putting Surf City up there - really excited to be part of this. New here - but already want to thank you for your work, Chris.
    Cheers!

You must log in to post.