Backlog status (Feb 22, 2016)

1 year ago | Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Holding at about one month. I'll try to get it back under three weeks, but we'll see. The volume of submissions per day is high, so that might prove difficult.

Read responses...

Responses

1. Taulsn (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks Chris, now I have some new things to sink my teeth into.

2. Chrysalis (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

The volume of submissions could, in part, be my fault. I mention WFG pretty much every time the 'where can I post my stories...?' question comes up on Reddit... which is often.

Anathema, a web serial about the effect superpowers would have on our world. http://anathemaserial.wordpress.com/
  3. Wildbow (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Is there any way to share the load? I don't know if I have it in me to do proper reviews these days (past few months have been packed), but could definitely look stuff over for the most basic errors or whichever. (ie. is it fanfic? Are there next/previous page links? Is it readable on the most basic level?)

4. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

@Wildbow: Might take you up on that.

5. TCC Edwards (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

Thank you so much for getting through your backlog! I'm so glad to see my site here. I was wondering where that spike in my traffic came from!

6. Jim Zoetewey (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

I'd be willing to help too.

7. Emma (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

I wouldn't mind helping either. I sit at a desk all day so it'd be pretty easy for me to check that kind of stuff.

8. Taulsn (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

I've got time that could be put to productive use. Add me to the list of people willing to help.

9. Chris Poirier (Moderator)

Posted 1 year ago

I had been hoping to make the whole process public—let the community up/down vote new submissions. However, given my track record, probably best I don't make that a prerequisite.

I'll put together an instruction sheet for the existing process this weekend and get you guys set up. It's not particularly automated, but it's manageable. And thanks!

Chris

10. JPV1000 (Member)

Posted 1 year ago

I'd be willing to help too! I love this place, and it would be great if we, as a community, could help get the submission times down!

You must log in to post.