Milestone: 1000 pages of STREET

6 years ago | Ryan A. Span (Member)

Inspired by John Crandall's post, today's segment actually marks a couple of important numerical milestones for what has been my baby non-stop for the last four years. I wanted to tell everyone so maybe you can share a cheer and a big sigh with me!

225 posts. 250,000 words. 1000 pages. 2.3 novels. 6 years from the first idea to the current day.

It's been a hell of a journey, and I hope my faithful readers will stick around to the end of this (for me) mammoth piece of work.

Regards,
Ryan

Read responses...

Responses

1. Letitia Coyne (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Congratulations to you, too. Double Woo!

Lxx

2. Tahjir (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Congrats! That's an impressive achievement. =)

Apocalyptic Urban Fantasy
    http://hangarninetysix.wordpress.com/
  3. Ryan A. Span (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Thanks, guys! I am proud indeed. It's weird to think that 80% of the trilogy is done, closure is coming up, and this huge chapter of my life is going to end early next year.

Regards,
    Ryan

4. ubersoft (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

What are you going to do when it's over with? New projects lined up?

Curveball (Updating)
    A Rake by Starlight (Updating)
  5. Erin Klitzke (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Did you always conceive of it as a trilogy, or was that something that evolved as you went along?

6. Ryan A. Span (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Chris: Bigger and better things, I hope . . . I've got 50% of a fantasy novel which needs finishing, and is easily the best long form story I've written. I also want to do more short form stuff, both on my own and in collabs. .

Either way, I won't be doing any more webfic, at least not by myself. There's not enough opportunity for editing, and I stress over quality way too much. :P

Erin: I knew from the start it was going to be bigger than one novel -- or at least be a very big novel! -- but the full scope didn't really hit until about halfway into the first book. Trilogies were very popular at the time, so I did the maths and it seemed like the best idea.

Regards,
    Ryan

7. Kess (Member)

Posted 6 years ago

Congrats, Ryan! That's a lot of work you've done there. I know what you mean about coming up to the end of a project - it feels a bit like running towards the edge of a cliff. The end of the Apocalypse Blog was like that for me. Good luck with it all!

You must log in to post.