Serial Swappers April Fools 2018. any interest?

11 months ago | Alexander.Hollins (Member)

So, putting it out there now. Anyone interested in doing this again?

Read responses...

Page: 12

Responses

1. Docmars (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

That sounds cool duuude (not trying to sound cool because I'm new and I really want to do it)

2. revfitz (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

Loved doing it last year, I am down again! :D

Existential Terror and Breakfast--A serial with cereal.
    Updates Wednesdays at: revfitz.com
  3. Jim Zoetewey (Moderator)

Posted 11 months ago

I’m interested, but we need more than three people...

4. Alexander.Hollins (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

Well Jim, I hear word of mouth is a great way to generate interest!

Also, TONIGHT! i will update my website with the past few year's info, and have a central place besides TWF to let people know more about the thing.

5. Chrysalis (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

I'll be super swamped with the new book release that's hopefully happening in late May / early June. :(

Plus I won't have an active serial before September, and I'll need to take Anathema offline around April. Because ebook relaunch and KU.

Anathema, a web serial about the effect superpowers would have on our world. http://anathemaserial.wordpress.com/
  6. unice5656 (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

I wouldn't be able to write anything this year. That being said, if anyone wants to write a guest chapter for Fantasia, I'd be open to having it with some basic stipulations (I'm currently around 3400 registered followers). Not for April Fools', though, since all my readers were expecting it last year and therefore I have to post a real chapter this year on April 1 as an anti-prank.

7. Docmars (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

hi unice I'm going to be bold and say I'd be up for doing that.

8. revfitz (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

@unice5656
    I am down as well if things do not work out for Docmars, he has the obvious "dibs" though.

@Alexander.Hollins
    I like that idea, have you set it up yet?

Existential Terror and Breakfast--A serial with cereal.
    Updates Wednesdays at: revfitz.com
  9. unice5656 (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

I can be contacted at unice5656@yahoo.ca if you'd like to discuss details. Fair warning, there's about 185k words in the story so far and doing a decent guest chapter would likely involve reading it. If after perusing the work you find that it not to your taste, no hard feelings.

10. Docmars (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

emailed

11. mathtans (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

If you need people, I'm willing to clock in for this again. It's not that I'm reluctant, more that my site's currently cut back to updates every two weeks, as I deal with my webcomic and mental health issues. So I have different priorities than previous years. But I'd hate to see the venture flop for want of a couple more people, and worst case I should be able to figure something out over the March Break.

Edit: Btw, wrote for unice's story last year. It's a fun page turner, I don't think you'll regret checking it out.

Writing a Time Travel serial: http://mathtans.wordpress.com
    Writer of the personification of math serial: http://www.mathtans.ca
  12. unice5656 (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

Mathtans did an excellent job to the point where I'm still not sure whether a segment of my readers actually understood that it wasn't written by me even after the author's note stating it wasn't, so you'll be filling large shoes with this.

13. Docmars (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

Not scared at all! (voice only slightly cracking) I just finished chapter 10, best Reading music westwrold soundtrack.

14. unice5656 (Member)

Posted 11 months ago

@Rev:

I just noticed your post. You're totally welcome to do a guest chapter for Fantasia as well, if you want, since I'm not tying it specifically to April Fools.

Reply »

You must log in to post.