Anyone else read 'S.' by Doug Dorst and J. J. Abrams?

Someone gave it to me for Christmas and I've been reading it. I'm not that far in, as I find I can't read a whole lot in one go, just because of the way it's written, so it's too early to tell plot-wise how good it will be, but just the way it's written and the creative way they chose to tell the story is making it totally worth it.

I was wondering if anyone else had read it and was equally impressed with the story-telling method?

Can't say I have, but the little bit I've read about it now reminds me of House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It features a review of a fictional documentary by a blind man that is somewhat commented on by the person who found the manuscript.

I just looked it up on Amazon, and, while at first planning on buying it on my iPad, I have realized that it may make more sense to get it in paper form, meaning that, while I was going to buy it right now, I am going to have to wait until I can afford it on Amazon (maybe two weeks). However, it looks very interesting, and I can't wait to get it. If you went to my newest serial (and this time I actually finished it before making the website, with the exception of the extra chapters) and donate 0.0252 Bitcoins (I decided to try these for donations, since I like this idea), then maybe...

I'm just joking, I really don't need donations, and definitely don't want them until I'm at least halfway through the first volume.

Yes, it definitely a book you want to get in print form. Part of what makes it such an interesting book, I think would be lost in ebook from...which I admit is part of what I love about it. It really shows how a book can get it's own history....I love it when I buy a used book and I see an inscription inside of it, telling me who it originally belonged too.

Plus I love J. J. Abrams work on TV. So I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy the book for the story as well as how fascinating it's done.

I'm going to have to check out House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski now as well :-).

I know that this thread is old, but I finally got a copy. Amazon was out when I checked, and I couldn't find it in any bookstores anywhere. I was honestly about to give up, but I was in Meijer, and thought, "What the hell, let's loom at the books!" And guess what was sitting on the shelf.

I'm about to start reading.

Glad you could find a copy! Let me know how you like. Since just being a web serial writer is sort of an 'alternative' form of story telling, I particularly found this book interesting.