I already have a site (have had for a long time), but am looking to switch hosts. I'm on godaddy currently, which was recommended to me by my older brother three years ago (it was exceptionally cheap back then, and is much less so now). I've read some worrying things about their business practices and seen their ads now (seriously, guys?), and I've been having <i>major</i> slow-downs with my site on and off the last year.
I'm currently contemplating Hostgator, Dreamhost, and Bluehost.
Does anyone know of any better ones? Or know anything about those that should give me pause?
My requirements are these, by the way:
- At least a couple gigs of diskspace (not a problem with most hosts these days)
- A few dozen gigs of data transfer (again, not a problem with most hosts these days)
- Preferably, many mysql databases
- A TOS that doesn't have vague things like in it like "no obscenity"
- A TOS that doesn't say I can't host multiple sites
- The ability to host multiple domain names with one account
- Linux OS with stuff like php, all the regulars
If the host is also a domain registrar, all the better but not a requirement.
The sites I intend to host are pretty normal... Wordpress, phpBB, and plain old HTML files