This is perhaps the biggest challenge I'm having. Perhaps some of you have it as well. I've been doing a lot of research lately on what it takes to find your audience. My efforts are honing in on several key factors or step as proposed by a few different posts on the topic:-
1. Identify what your work might be similar to.
2. Find out what kinds of people like said work.
3. Find out where they hang out.
4. Target that community and engage with them through building a relationship.
5. Build your fan base one reader at a time through interaction and communication.
I'm still having trouble with step 1. It seems to be falling in a crack between comics and novels, yet not quite superhero to follow that trend either. I keep slugging at it, but still puzzling and frustrating.
How are you all making out? And for those who have achieve an audience, what advice can you give?