For a New Web Fiction Guide (or at least some DISCORD until then) UPDATE

Alright. Okay.

So a lot has happened in the week since I posted this particular thread. Thank your boi rocode for that.

In the meantime, we’re still going strong on over on the Web Fiction Chat discord.

Let me give you the rundown again.

Some of you may already be more than familiar with the place. For others, or newcomers to the web fiction scene, let me give you the rundown.

WebFictionChat is a smallish but pretty active group of writers shooting the shit, workshopping serials, playing Minecraft, and so on and so on. Many of the writers in there you’ve either seen active on these forums, or you’ve come across their work in another capacity. Basically, we’ve got some talent in there. However, readers who just want to discuss serials or find new ones to read are very much welcome.

What else we got? A lot, somehow.

Want a place to work on upcoming chapters of your serial or other projects? Feel free! Want to peruse some cool art and share some of your own? We got a place for that too! You want to spam some inexplicably unrelated kpop emotes? We got those too, for whatever reason (I mean I know the reason and yet…)

There’s a Minecraft server if you ever want to relax in that way, and don’t forget to listen to the official podcast! That’s right, WFC has a podcast, Handsome Voices Are Never Wrong, where the hosts Sharkerbob and ElliottThomasStaude talk about web serials (among other things) and even bring on other writers as guests to talk about their work. It’s all really cool stuff. Some sample episodes here:

Megajoule’s Highlight Episode

My Highlight Episode

Rhythm’s Highlight Episode

So yeah. We’ve got a lot going on. A lot of it is utter nonsense but a lot of it is cool stuff, slick stuff. The web fiction scene isn’t just other hub places, and if you’re looking for a pretty neat alt. place to hang out, WFC might just be that place for you.

Might.