Help! Review Request: Starwalker

Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of setting up my new fictional blog, Starwalker. It's at http://www.starwalkerblog.com

Any feedback you could give on it would be great! Thanks!

i'm a HUGE champion of the idea of blog fiction (though it seems so often to fall apart in the actual execution). Let me just say that i absolutely LOVE the idea of "star(b)log" told from the ship's point of view - absolutely INSPIRED!

And now, I will commence with resesnting you for the fact that i didn't come up w/ it first... ;)

I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to not reading / reviewing, but hoping that everyone else will "pay attention to ME!" - but i'm really excited to see your story develop!

Oh, and - http://writeblogfiction.com/ - you should sign up. I don't have anything to do w/ the site itself, but they've put a lot of effort into it, so it would be cool to see it catch on!

Some disjointed feedback:

(aka: my roommate is cooking something delicious and the smells are interrupting my ability to be coherent)

- The design is really attractive, and what text you have is easy to read.

- The right-hand menus fall off the background image, which is a little unfortunate but not a big deal.

- It seems like a cool concept; once there's a bit more content I'll check it out again.

- It would be nice to know what the update schedule is (if you know what the update schedule is).

The site looks clean and calm. Everything is on one page, so it makes it easy to grasp all at once. The colors contrast effectively: the black of lightless space versus the warmth of amber, effectively bringing to mind the fundamental mind/body man/machine duality of the story.

I agree with Lizzy that the update schedule would be nice, even if the update schedule is "sporadic, depending on data integrity".

In contrast to the first poster, I think that this concept is quite a challenge to pull off convincingly, but if you're going for a golden-age SF/space-opera feel, you can dodge a lot of the messy philosophy and technological details.

It's a very pretty site, but what really captured me was the About Starwalker synopsis. I like her already! I want her to win! Write, write!

(Wow. That's exactly the kind of reaction I've always wanted to induce. Intriguing.)

Anyway, the point is you've got a really captivating tangle of urgent and interesting problems presented from a creative angle. I'm really excited to see where you go with it.

Wow, thanks for the reactions!

Been working like crazy to get all my notes together and stuff planned out. Content is going up gradually, when I get the chance to sit down and sort it out! The good news is that I started writing the first post this week, and it should kick off on 1st Feb as planned.

Update schedule - currently planned for 3 times a week, but you're right, I definitely need that on there somewhere. I will work that out!

With regard to the blogfic format - I felt it out in the Apocalypse Blog, and now I'm taking on something slightly more challenging with Starwalker. There's going to be more voices in this one, with snippets from various crew logs in with the ship's commentary. Here's hoping I can pull it off! ;)

Thanks for the link, Joel - I'll definitely check it out!

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone - back to the grindstone for me!