Hi from a newbee

I'm new to Web Fiction Guide. I just got my web-novel (http://www.thekingdomsofevil.com/) on the site, and got a very nice review from Chris Poirier. Thanks, Chris!

So...what do I do now? I'd love to exchange comments, critiques, or reviews with another author, if anyone is interested. I'd also like to start reading some other people's web fiction. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Dan

Welcome to WFG! Things are a little slow in the forums at present, but don't let that discourage you. There are interesting people and stories to be found here.

Based on Chris' review I have your story flagged for investigation at some point in the future, but I haven't seen it just yet--I'm a little preoccupied with a few things (including NaNoWriMo) at the moment, and don't have a lot of time to look around. Sometime December, I think.

Hello and welcome Dan! I hope you enjoy it here, it's actually quite nice, even if you remain more of a shadow lurker like me. XD

I've taken a look at your story, and I'm possibly halfway through chapter 1 right now. I find it interesting, so I'm going to try and see how far I get. :) If I manage to get enough time, I'll send some comments with my thoughts and what not too, if that's what you'd like. What sort of thing do you like to read?

Best of luck!

Okay, so my first newbee mistake was not subscribing to the comments (really, we can't get email updates?)

So sorry I didn't respond sooner.

@ubersoft, Thanks! Wait, can I download Pay me, Bug, as a podiobook? If not, can I download it was one big file I can put on my kindle? I would like to spend some time away from my computer. What's your NaNoWriMo project?

@Jaquelyn Waters, Thanks to you too. I usually like sci-fi and fantasy. My favorite authors are Lois McMaster Bujold, Terry Pratchett, and Charles Stross. Right now I'm reading Harry Connolly and liking him too.

Thanks for the look! I look forward to reading your comments. Now I'm going to go look at your story.

How do I add a signature to my posts like you guys did?

@bensen well you can't download it as a single file, but there are 42 separate podcasts (one per chapter) that you could download if that's what you prefer. Similarly, it's not available on my site in one big file (it was published one chapter a week) but you can now buy the kindle version on Amazon.com for the low-low-low price of only $3.50!

... ahem. Sorry about that. Slipped into salesman mode for a second.

My NaNoWriMo project is superhero fiction. Because I think Legion of Nothing is awesome.

Finally, you can add a signature by clicking the Profile link in the upper right corner of the page (when you're logged in). You'll find the account information stuff there.

I would love it if you gave mine a look, but the site is currently under mega construction, and won't reopen until the 22nd. So if you're still interested around then, I'd love to see what you have to say. :) And I'll be sure to go by and leave some comments when I have the time.

@ubersoft: Aha. I see the archive of podcast files. I'll take a listen. Legion of Nothing is ALSO available as a podcast. Hot dog!

And I think I fixed the signature thing. THanks.

@Jacquelyn

Can you send me a message when your site is ready to look at? I know I won't remember on my own.