I need help

I want to do NaNoWriMo, and I'm doing well, but there's this idea I had for a literary novel I want to do. I can't do both (maybe Wildbow could, but I'm not even sure that's possible), and I really want to "win" and stuff, but I really like this idea, and it was a Harry Potter idea, in that it kinda just dropped into my head, and grew into something amazing.

What do you need help with exactly? Are you asking for a collaboration? (i.e. you have a good idea but don't think you can ever implement it and want someone to work with) or advice on how to do it yourself?

In which case, I say let it stew and when you have done learning from NaNoWriMo start your novel afterwards.

It's not going to disappear if you don' write it down immediately, start a messy outline etc so it doesn't slip your mind and get working on it later!

NaNoWriMo 2004 I lost. Big time. Totally worth it though.

I started out trying to write a sequel to Pay Me, Bug! but after a week and a half I decided to start writing what would eventually become the first part of The Points Between. I was too far behind at that point, but it was worth it. The project remains an eternal struggle for me (I guess I've been writing it for 9 years!) but is the one I find most meaningful.

If you don't want to try to do both at the same, choose the one you want to work on more and commit to it. At this point you might make it to 50, but even if you don't you'll be working on the project you want to work on.

Work on the one you know you can get the most words against - whichever one is leaving you manic and "OH MY GOD I NEED TO GET THIS SCENE DOWN".

And then...just have fun with it. I'm doing Nano this year with no intention of actually finishing (I never have before) - but any words I get down now will be less I have to write later. And there's something inspiring knowing you're not in it alone. :)

Even if you fail at NaNoWriMo, you can always cannibalize parts of it later for your web serial.

I have decided: I'm going to work on my literary novel, have it finished in a quarter of a year, get it edited/have a cover made, and then release it on Amazon. Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel the beginning of my serial, and it might be radio silence for a while, but I'll try to check here and post things when I can.

Also, here's the link to my Tumblr. I've decided to do updates there on how the book is coming.

http://alex5927.tumblr.com/

Follow if you want. Or don't. It'll probably be pretty damn boring (pardon my English).

I would ditch the NaNo