If You Though the Aphorisms Comments were Fun, S. D. Youngren...

...wait until you see the comments on The Admonishments. Easily twice as dense and some amazing, fascinating people talking about philosophy, politics and culture. Great stuff. :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Though actually . . . I was planning to read that next anyway. So the comments are better than those for the Aphorisms, huh? Something else to look forward to!

I hope I didn't give you the impression that I felt the discussions were the main reason to read the Aphorisms. It's just that it was nice to see a Discussion in which the material in question was actually being discussed, and in a manner that was worth reading, no less. So I wanted to point them out to others like me who usually skip reader comments when reading online fiction.

Now I'm wondering how many people tend to read comments and how many skip them.

--Shelley

The stories were more controversial so they inspired a lot more debate. It was fascinating to read. :)

And I'm not at all distressed that you mentioned them in your review... rather the opposite! Like you, I think they add significantly to the work. I'm honored to have inspired so much intelligent commentary and discussion. The readers who participated were really impressive.

I'm hoping they all return for my sequel to the two collections, which I'm planning on starting in late 2010. :)

For my part, if there are comments on something in a -threaded- forum, I will read them in the hopes of chatting with other readers about the plot. But blog-style posts where the comments are just appended and there's no way to reply to other people and start a discussion I tend to avoid.

For my part, if there are comments on something in a -threaded- forum, I will read them in the hopes of chatting with other readers about the plot. But blog-style posts where the comments are just appended and there's no way to reply to other people and start a discussion I tend to avoid.

Yeah, that's why I banged my site with a stick until the comments became threaded.