I've figured out what I'm going to do next... I think.

Well, I think I've figured out my next project. It's a little scary though.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've finished up with Pay Me, Bug! and I'm trying to flesh out what my next project is going to be. I was torn between two stories that are in various stages of completion:

Northlander, a dark fantasy murder mystery, kinda sorta, and

The Points Between, sort of an urban fantasy, kinda, but it doesn't really fit with classic urban fantasy tropes, and might be closer to a ghost story but not really. It's hard to describe and probably equally hard to sell.

So of the two, just looking at the descriptions, Northlander is the obvious choice. It's easier to describe in a sentence. It also has the advantage of being further along.

But... The Points Between was inspired by Charles Williams. If you've never heard of Charles Williams, we'll, that's not a surprise -- he was a contemporary of C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien, and a fellow Inkling, and his fiction was fantastically weird but not generally known. He's one of my favorite authors, and when I started TPB I used him as inspiration because it was going to be hard to do.

Anyway. His birthday is on September 20. It seems like the perfect launching point, assuming I can push forward and get this beast rolling.

So there it is. Because his birthday is kind of close I'm going with the much-more-difficult-to-explain-and-therefore-write-not-to-mention-market story.

WINDMILL! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Just read the Wikipedia article on Williams. I must read some of these novels!

My favorites are Descent into Hell and All Hallow's Eve.

I've read The Place of the Lion and enjoyed it. I'm sure part of that's because I'd recently done an independent study on medieval theology, and thus was familiar with Plato's philosophy (which plays a big role in the story).

The Place of the Lion is the only one I haven't read yet. :-)

Hmmm... I wonder if it's available in the Nook or Kindle store... ?

*wanders off muttering*