Keep it up or take it down?

I'm getting ready to plow through edits and formatting on a "deluxe" edition of Awakenings Book One and I've found myself in a little bit of a quandry (is anyone surprised? no, not at all, I'm in quandries all the time!).

Do I leave Book One up or take it down when I release the deluxe edition?

I plan on the deluxe edition being a little more expensive than the "basic" edition of the work (which is currently available as a $0.99 ebook at the major e-tailers), edited, and with a few bits of added content. It will also be available as a print edition.

Thoughts? I do have reader comments on Book One, which is part of what makes me think I should keep it up, though maybe take it off the Table of Contents page (which would make it a little more difficult to find, though not impossible).

It seems like a violation of unspoken internet law to remove content with posts attached to it. But at the end of the day it's your call, and unspoken internet laws are broken all the time.

I think that, it being your work and your property ultimately, you should be able to take it down as you wish. If you want to keep the comments for posterity, you could always just change the setting on all the old posts to "Private" so that only you can view the pages.

Sarah -- that would be the way I'd handle it (thus preserving the comments attached to them as well), but looking at the editing I'm doing on the edition, I think I might be okay.

Perhaps this is a bit late, but I'd have thought you would want to keep Book One up as it serves, more than anything else, as your advertising and your way in for readers. As long as the deluxe version offers more, the existing version shouldn't be much of a threat to sales and it will keep attracting new readers who then might choose to upgrade. I'd ditch the non-deluxe ebook though.

@Chris -- I was thinking about that the past few days while I was doing line edits. I'm probably going to dump the 99-cent version because there's going to be so many changes to the prose in the trade paper/deluxe edition, let alone the extras (an essay, a FAQ, an original, never-before-seen short, possibly one or two other things).

Actually, what I might do is reward the early buyers by just updating the current listing to the Deluxe edition when it's ready to roll out and raising the price to something more in line with what it should be for a ebook version of a trade paperback of its length.