Looking to add to my queue - call for established webserials

Hello, All:

I'd like to put a call out to authors with established web serials (that is, something posting for longer than a year or two), especially those that haven't received the editorial attention or amount of reviews they'd like. Although I've posted reviews of ongoing works, I have stuck to stories that I've personally read and liked at this point, and I know they're not all that's out there. Also, since I want to spend my time reading and promoting works that are still ongoing, I figured this would be the easiest way to do it. So, if you'd like a review from me, please let me know and I'll add you to my queue. As a caveat, if you haven't read any of my previous reviews or my About statement, I'd recommend it before you request a review, just so you can be sure that you want me reviewing your work.

I plan to continue reviewing new works that arrive, as well, but I felt I hadn't been giving enough attention to more established works, hence this call. In addition, I should mention that if I add you to my queue, I will get to the review eventually, but there's no guarantee as to when, since this is a volunteer job. : )

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super: Sci-fi/Suspense/Adventure, with Superheroes

Well, Curveball is entering Year Two. I'm not sure that's quite long enough to fit the timeline, because Issue 13 puts it juuuust over the line.

Thanks, I've added Curveball!

That works for me; the reason I established that (rather arbitrary) time period was that I began doing reviews on this site a year or so ago, so I've considered a lot of the works that began after then and was wanting not to neglect older stories.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think in general "completed" works haven't been reviewed as much as they could be - and they're the ones most open to a complete analysis because they're finished and no longer evolving. One can look at the story's value as a whole rather than just "thus far" while it is still in progress.

STREET ran for nearly seven years and finished only a few moons ago. You can read the full thing right now, but it's resetting in January to do the whole serial run again. Probably little quicker this time. ;)

Completed works are harder to review though. Since most of us on here are writers, many of us fill our free time with the writing - and if we're in a state where we can sit down and review something, a story with 6-20 chapters is a heck of a lot easier to review than a story with 100+.

More reviews on completed works are a good thing, as hard as they can be to put together.

G. S. Williams, I agree that completed works could use more of a spotlight, but I don't think I'm the right person to do that. Per Wildbow's comment, a lot of my free time (the precious little that I have) is taken up with writing, editing, and everything else surrounding that. As a result, I don't have a lot of time for other things (as you can probably see by how infrequently I can make it to the forums), but I do read quickly (and to unwind), so it's much easier for me to read a sampling of chapters for an ongoing serial and review.

Ryan, I'll be glad to add Street to my queue, but that review is going to take much longer for me to complete, so keep that in mind.

Thanks, all, for the feedback!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know you checked it out early on, but "Watchmage" is going on a year now, and is finishing up its 3rd (maybe final, I don't know) story arc.