Milestone: 1000 pages of STREET

Inspired by John Crandall's post, today's segment actually marks a couple of important numerical milestones for what has been my baby non-stop for the last four years. I wanted to tell everyone so maybe you can share a cheer and a big sigh with me!

225 posts. 250,000 words. 1000 pages. 2.3 novels. 6 years from the first idea to the current day.

It's been a hell of a journey, and I hope my faithful readers will stick around to the end of this (for me) mammoth piece of work.

Regards,

Ryan

Congratulations to you, too. Double Woo!

Lxx

Congrats! That's an impressive achievement. =)

Thanks, guys! I am proud indeed. It's weird to think that 80% of the trilogy is done, closure is coming up, and this huge chapter of my life is going to end early next year.

Regards,

Ryan

What are you going to do when it's over with? New projects lined up?

Did you always conceive of it as a trilogy, or was that something that evolved as you went along?

Chris: Bigger and better things, I hope . . . I've got 50% of a fantasy novel which needs finishing, and is easily the best long form story I've written. I also want to do more short form stuff, both on my own and in collabs. .

Either way, I won't be doing any more webfic, at least not by myself. There's not enough opportunity for editing, and I stress over quality way too much. :P

Erin: I knew from the start it was going to be bigger than one novel -- or at least be a very big novel! -- but the full scope didn't really hit until about halfway into the first book. Trilogies were very popular at the time, so I did the maths and it seemed like the best idea.

Regards,

Ryan

Congrats, Ryan! That's a lot of work you've done there. I know what you mean about coming up to the end of a project - it feels a bit like running towards the edge of a cliff. The end of the Apocalypse Blog was like that for me. Good luck with it all!