No Man an Island sequel

I have decided to start posting the No Man an Island sequel, titled "Trepidation of the Spheres." It will be biweekly while I re-establish my schedule.

I will submit it for review in a few months when there is something worth reviewing, but I thought that some people would want to know it was starting.

Cool beans. Wish you the best of luck with Spheres.

Thanks Wildbow! I forget, have you read NMAI?

You're actually the reason I'm revising the Samaritan Project for the umpteenth time, (which I've never posted to WFG because I'm never happy with it) -- Worm makes me want to work harder at improving it, as an example of what great superhero fiction can be.

"Trepidation of the Spheres" or TotS is a lot more polished than Samaritan already, so it will give readers something to do as I get back to speed on "Diggory" and try to figure out where Samaritan is heading.

Ashamed to say I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I find that when writing, it's hard to find the time to read (and tricky to read potentially related stuff in case I accidentally take inspiration from it) since I find that my 'in the mood to write' and my 'in the mood to read' moments overlap heavily. BUT I also find that reading something good also inspires me to write and/or makes me write better. I'm looking at joining a local writer's circle & that involves some reading as well (and hopefully I can get some tips on tidying up early chapters of Worm, which I feel are a little stiff).

I'm trying to work on being more disciplined (and building backlogs), which is why I'm doing the experiment/event I am on Worm right now, so I'll probably start on NMAI when I've done, to try and use that 'write more when I read more' tendency.

I would be honoured to have you check out NMAI -- I think of all my stuff it's still the best-written, and given that it's theological fantasy it doesn't overlap with the superhero stuff much -- heroics, sure, but there are large sections that are more literary than epic, and then sections that drift into action adventure to skew the literary elements into more fun areas.

"Diggory" is sci-fi but some characters have "superpowers" in that they have (loosely) science based telekinesis and the villain throws lightning bolts...

TotS will be much more family-oriented with some mystery and adventure thrown in, gradually building -- but much more rooted in "reality" at the start than most of my stories.