Print anthology reopens to submissions!

Posted here for your benefit:

Hi guys, wanted to bring you some quick and exciting news! This is so hot that the official website hasn't yet been updated, but Dave informs me that it'll be done later today or tomorrow.

The new anthology by Gryphonwood Press, You Don't Know What You've Got, is reopening its doors to submissions for a lightning two-week reading period starting tomorrow. Publication date is set for January of next year.

The subtitle is Tales of Loss & Dispossession, so that's the theme in a nutshell. There has to be a sense of losing or having lost something at the core of the story. All appropriate submissions will be considered, no genre or length restrictions. If you've previously submitted and been rejected, but have rewritten/improved your story since, please query before resubmitting.

Some more information is available on the anthology board of our forum:

http://gryphonwoodpress.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Any further questions you might have, please post 'em here or there.

Regards,

Ryan

Neato. I've liked what I've seen around Gryphonwood so far, so when the submission information appears (unless it's there, and I'm just missing it) I'll send something in. I've got a nice story that, to my mind, just fits the theme.

(Er. That wasn't a question, was it? Hey! THAT'S a question!)

Peedee: Sorry, I guess I missed out that part of things! Please refer to our submissions guidelines here:

http://gryphonwoodpress.com/faq.html

And here's the anthology specific guidelines:

"Submit your story in standard manuscript format as an attachment (.doc or .rtf) to submissions [at] gryphonwoodpress.com . Questions may be directed to info [at] gryphonwoodpress.com."

That's everything. May as well go ahead and submit now if your story's ready!

Regards,

Ryan

You're right. I may as well submit. Which is, in fact, what I've just this moment done. I'm so on-the-ball today. :)

One week has passed, we've had some nice submissions, but there's still another week left to finish and submit more work! If you think you've got the writing chops to make it in print, don't miss your chance.

Regards,

Ryan

Winter;

Do we mail it in or send by email?

Never mind, I figured it out. I'm an idiot...

I have a cyberpunk story of a notable length now, but sadly it's not about loss or dispossession-- quite -- er, wait it actually IS, but it's about reconnection. Heh, I don't know if it quite fits in and I'm not done editing so. C'est la vie.

Kyt: If you think it's something we might go for, there's no harm in submitting it anyway. After all, you never know. I've not seen all the submissions so I can't say how broadly Dave's interpreting the theme.

Regards,

Ryan

Submit it and point out to the editors that if they can't find the theme of loss and dispossession in the story THEN THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR ART.

I mean, it's worth a try. :)

Won't work, but worth a try! ;)

Regards,

Ryan