Review Request: Serealities.com would like to attract more readers and voters

http://serealities.com is a serial site where weekly episodes are posted by different authors in different genres. Readers may vote at the end of each episode to determine what will happen in the following episode. The purpose is to engage readers interactively to follow weekly.

So, I just went through your website to see what it was all about. While I think it's good that websites such as yours are good for web fiction as a whole (proving how far it's come, possibly opening up new possibilities for new readers for everyone, etc.), your site just isn't very...together. That's not a bad thing; it can definitely be fixed with a few changes. The problem areas, the way I see it, are as follows:

Those were the main problems I saw with your site. However, there is one other problem with it: your promotion technique. I've gone through the forums, and I don't see you on any of them. I'm really sorry if you think I'm being harsh (I'm not trying, honestly), but in my experience, it's never a good idea to try to get people to come to your site with your first post. I'm extremely sorry if I'm mistaken, but from what I can tell, you haven't said anything on this forum before this post, and while I don't care personally if somebody that's new to this site does it (it's not really hurting me), it is considered spam, and that's not generally accepted. Probably the best way to avoid this sort of thing is to stick your website in your signature, and become involved in the community. Review people, reply to other posts, et cetera, and people will click the link on their own. Do that, and people will like you. That's the best publicity you can get without forking over a crapload of money; make people like you, and you'll be just fine.

Again, sorry if I was a bit harsh.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I agree with all of your points; I had already thought the same things. And I appreciate your comments. I am a bit new to this and in doing my initial research, I was in the forum a couple of years ago quite a bit under another name. I have only recently started to list our serials to the webfictionguide. I certainly do not want to appear to be a spammer so no problem with your honesty.

Many thanks!

Yeah, that background color is hard on the eyes, and I don't think it's the best color for writing in that logo up top either.

Maybe something in dark blue?

I really like the idea behind the stories on the site. I'm a big fan of any kind of writing that allows for more interaction between writer and reader.

That being said, I agree with Alex5927. The page does look a little cluttered and a little dated, so you may want to consider a different organizational structure for the landing page. It can take forever to find a theme on WordPress that works effectively for you, but it might be worth it to see if there's a theme that can provide you with the cleaner look that Alex suggested.

Good luck to you! Hope you get the readers you're looking for!

Thanks very much for your helpful responses!

Thanks very much for your helpful responses!