Site design

So I've been working on redesigning my site to make it a little less cumbersome and improve the general look and readability.

I want to keep 2 sidebars--one for navigation and such, and one for my support the site box and skyscraper ad. I've reworked the header, but I'm not quite happy with it. Here's the main site with the working design, and here's the blog with another theme I was working on.

I'm thinking that I'm going to take the window, text, and link colors from the blog and put them into the main site. I'm considering using the header from the blog too, but I like the menu navigation on the main site.

I would just implement the theme from the blog, but it lacks some of the features and widget compatibility that I like from the main site's theme.

So, any thoughts on the site design? Should I just give up on the 2 sidebar thing and make it one long sidebar? Any feedback would be appreciated.

You blog theme looks like it is based on Fauna, which is the theme I'm using for Winter Rain. I've found it to be incredibly flexible and easy to modify. If you got that already modified, you might want to have a look at the original, as it should be able to handle anything WordPress can do.

The blog theme is my modification of fauna. It is fairly easy to customize, but since it's built so simply, it lacks some of the features that Royale (the theme I modified for the main site) has, like an options page for html inserts, and full plug-in compatibility.

Mainly, the problem I have with Fauna is that it doesn't have the option to use 2 sidebars, and I haven't been able to figure out how to add one. It does look much cleaner though (I'd also hate to waste all the work I put into the main site's design, but I'd get over it.)