Some quick feedback:
1) Having a blank home page is going to cost you visitors. Lots of them.
2) The layout of the text pages is fine.
3) The font is far too small. Not only does it make the text hard to read, it makes the text column too many words wide (you should aim for 10-15 words across, for good readability).
4) The contrast is too high. Either grey down the text or lighten the background.
5) The next page link really, really, really should be on the right of the text column, unless most of your readers have Japanese or Chinese as their first language.