Starting an ARG

So, I decided around five minutes ago that I want to start an ARG. I have no idea how to do this, since the only one I was ever involved in is the Valve one before they announced Portal 2, and I was late to that party. I know it's a long shot, but has anybody ever done anything like that, and if so, any advise?

Maybe check out some of the forums devoted to Slender Man. They've a lot of ARGs. EverymanHybrid had an ok one that didn't really end last I checked, but the challenges were fun and weren' t too localized to make it impossible for many to play.

Yeah I've been following Marble Hornets for a bit over a year now, so I have a little bit of experience witth him. Forgot he har ARGs based around him. Thanks for reminding me, I'll definitely do that!

The one for EverymanHYBRID was the Seven Trials of Habit, for reference. We're all just creatures of HABIT.

unfiction.com is your arg spot. I designed several that i wanted to run locally, and always wanted to start using technology in smart phones before augmented reality was ever a term, but never had the time or money.

Are you wanting to run an arg as a story? how much time do you have to devote to it, and how interactive do you want to be?