Submit your work to be published in the Tulane Review!

So this is a call for submissions to get your work published in a professional literary magazine, The Tulane Review. I'm the Prose Editor for the review and we need more good prose, so I thought to myself, "Where can I find a bunch of writers? And not just writers, but good writers? Hmmm... it seems to me that I know a group of those very people..." So here I am, asking for submissions.

Unfortunately, our predecessors at the Review (and Tulane Literary Society) left us with scant (and poor) internet presence, but you can check out the wikipedia page here, the facebook group here, or the horribly out of date website here.

Or, you can just listen to me!

The Tulane Review is a professional literary and arts journal (student run, but not necessarily student work) published twice a year by the Tulane Literary Society. It features prose, poetry and artwork selected from international submissions. All review of submissions is done anonymously by review boards (so don't think you'll get in just cause I like you). If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them as well as I can.

You can email submissions as rich text file or .doc attatchments to [email protected] (put (genre) submission somewhere in the subject.)

You can submit multiple times, but each submission should be EITHER 3-5 poems (no more than 10 pages total), OR one or two prose pieces under 5000 words. Poetry and prose can be in any genre.

(For guidelines about submitting art, email inquiries to [email protected])

A cover letter and bio is appreciated with all submissions. You will receive a contributor's copy if your work is accepted, and you can request copies of the last issue for the cost of shipping and handling (I don't know what that is off-hand, but if you send an email, someone will be able to tell you).

We typically acquire First American Serial rights (reverts to contributor upon publication) and we will consider simultaneous submissions (though be sure to let us know you need to withdraw your submission if the piece is accepted elsewhere).

If you would rather submit by snail mail, send your submissions with an SASE to

Tulane Review

(you can add "ATTN: (your genre) Editor" if you want)

122 Norman Mayer

Tulane University

New Orleans, LA 70118

Reply here or email me at [email protected] for more info.

C'mon guys, it's free and you might get published!

I have passed this on to a friend of mine who was very interested and I know he will send something in :D

Excellent