Thank you for your review, Kyt Dotson!

I just woke up to see your review on the front page. What a great way to start the day! X^D

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and I like how your review gives your impressions without giving any spoilers. Very cool! Thank you again. I hope toy will check out some of my other stories, as I would like to get more feedback from you. ^_^

Quite welcome. Needless to say, I've been attempting to practice a review style that mixes the polite eloquence of one of the style of one of my friends and that what I see as a stereotypical New York movie reviewer. I did this mostly because I get a real kick out of the throaty enjoyment of spelling out what to expect while holding back the meat.

But as I said in the review, I did have trouble with the very beginning. I myself have massive trouble writing my own beginnings so it might be more of an internal problem where I get bogged down myself; but I doubt it would hurt to revisit that section in order to tighten it up on future edits. However, also as I said, the story got going by the end of that first chapter.

I'm afraid slow intros are never going to change with me. While it's not en vogue to do so, I like adding a bit of extra detail in the opening so I don't have to try and figure out were to cram this information later on in the story. I see them as being akin to the first hill of a roller coaster. It's a bit slow to start, but you get a chance to see some of what you're getting into. Then you crest that first hill and the ride moves at a faster pace under its own momentum. (And then you also realize that you only saw half the ride during the climb.)

Speaking on your review, I liked it, and again, I appreciate how you avoided spoiling anything. I also understand your observations about the intro and appreciate where you're coming from as a reader. You say what you don't like without being too...acidic? I like that, and I hope to see other reviews from you on my stories. (Er, later on. I'm sure there's other folks you've got in the weblit reading queue for now.)