Thanks Aradescent

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review "The Surprising Life and Death of Diggory Franklin." It sounds like you're still in Book 1 and right now I'm in the midst of finishing Book 8, so there's lots more to read. I just wanted to make a quick point:

Your review pointed out that it's annoying how Diggory keeps calling his friend "Matt the Pimp." Early in the story, Diggory is not the nicest person in the world. Whether his character develops beyond that is up to readers to decide -- but early on, he shows this characterization in his narration, and shows that he judges his friend at a superficial level, while never mentioning it out loud to resolve the issue. He also does this in regards to Matt's cousin, Sheila "the Snob." So, I guess what I'm saying is, it's intentional and meant to be annoying so when he starts to grow up it becomes more noticeable -- and not really a mistake in repetitive writing. It's for a purpose.

Thanks again -- and I'm hoping books 2 through 8 are even more enjoyable. :)

Lol yeah the review is subject to change, guess I should have mentioned that. I do love the story though apart from the fact. It is very nice writing. I did notice a lot of people were reviewing how at first they didn't like Diggory so maybe that should have been my first clue that "Matt the Pimp." was for intentional purposes. Thanks for clarifying this, and I can't wait to read more.

Ironically though, Matt IS a pimp, of sorts....

Keep reading!