This is why I love the book store.

So, I was at the bookstore with a friend, and we were looking in the fantasy section for House of Leaves (we had no idea where it would be, and only a vague idea what it was even about, but I wanted it), and she picked up a copy of American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Paperclipped inside was a $10 gift card and a post-it that said, "Neil's my favorite. Try this one on me. Happy Day! Jess." Honestly, that's probably one of the best things that I've ever seen.

Here's a link to the picture. The writing is kinda hard to see because it was a silver Sharpie.

Awesome! So did you get it?

No, my friend did, she said it's really good. She said she's getting the card and post-it framed.

If it's Barnes and Nobles, I actually found it over in just the regular fiction section. Try to get a version that includes the colors and the way they meant pages to be formatted. I gave my copy to someone to be read, but I'm not sure the person ever did. A nice little book about a book of a manuscript of a review of a fictional documentary about a house. Make sure to take breaks on occasion and go see a man about a horse.

It's a good book. Very smart, and unlike any other book I've ever read in format, for the better.

As for American Gods, say hi to that one god. I swear I just knew his name, but I can't remember it at the moment. Maybe it'll come to me later.

Not going to lie, I loved what I read of House of Leaves, but at the time I was living alone, and it was too spooky. I had to put it down.

Worst part? IT WAS AN APPENDIX THAT SCARED ME. I HAD TO PUT DOWN A BOOK BECAUSE AN APPENDIX WAS TOO SPOOKY.

The clever references to Norse mythology gave me a braingasm.