Top Web Fiction

I've recently seen a number of people arriving at my site coming from TWF. Obviously, that's a good thing. Most are coming from the site itself, presumably from the link to my story that's there, but others are more confusing. Around a third or half of the people coming over from TWF show as coming from the vote site for other stories. Mostly Pact or Worm, but a few more as well. I'm not complaining, readers are readers, but does anyone know why it would show like that?

Because once they vote, the list of other works is immediately displayed. They're coming from links like this [ http://topwebfiction.com/?for=pact ], no?

Yup, this puzzled me at first, too. But once you vote, you're sent back to what is essentially the main page, except the URL still reflects what you just voted for. So people are voting for a story they like, then browsing the TWF lists and finding yours. It's good free publicity!

One might argue that that's the entire point of the site. In the process of voting for supremacy, you're exposed to multiple other serials that other people like, making you curious about them...

Ah, thanks. That explains it. Like I said, it's definitely a good thing, I just found it confusing.

I for one would find those statistics interesting, if theres a pattern of any particualr story that is voted for and then interested in you.

Unsurprisingly, nearly all of the TWF visits I get from voters come from Pact, Worm, and then other superhero serials, in that order. Zombie knight, Super Powereds, Brennus, Stone Burners, Legion of Nothing and Reject Hero.

And nearly half of the clicks from WFG come from searches within the superhero category. Some 200 of those so far, all in all.

"Unsurprisingly, nearly all of the TWF visits I get from voters come from Pact, Worm, and then other superhero serials, in that order. Zombie knight, Super Powereds, Brennus, Stone Burners, Legion of Nothing and Reject Hero.

And nearly half of the clicks from WFG come from searches within the superhero category. Some 200 of those so far, all in all."

Between this and comments in my superhero thread, I'm growing increasingly tempted to run with my own superhero story idea. As if I have the time for it.

Must...not...overextend...self...

Yeah, pretty much the same pattern here. About half of the ones that have voted are Pact or Worm, the rest are scattered between Brennus, Stone Burners and Reject.