Weblit Platforms: Pandamian vs. Fluffy-Seme

For anyone looking for a free, no expertise required platform to publish weblit that's more tailored to the genre than Wordpress, Blogger or the like, I wrote a low-down on the strengths and weaknesses of Pandamian and Fluffy-Seme.

I seem to recall that Pandamian was going to integrate ebook conversion into its site... that's something tremendously helpful for folks who are thinking of porting their work to the ebook market later and don't want to fuss with stuff. (That said, I think CAlibre and smashwords do a decent enough job and so would encourage folks to look at them when they get to that point.)

Do you know if either market to readers and not writers? I know I sound like a broken record, but the communities like goodreads and wattpad are attractive because they are aggressively self-promoting to a reading crowd. I don't know what goodreads stats are, but wattpad is boasting impressive numbers and providing data that suggests that the majority of people using them as a central point are readers, not writers. It also doesn't hurt that they have been financed to market. Been seeing them aggressively shopping themselves out to various tech-e journals and such as well as authors like Margaret Atwood.

Wattpad (which I'm more familiar with) also has apps on the mobile phones/tablet systems and that opens up a whole other market of potential readers.

Do you know if either market to readers and not writers?

I honestly have no idea, at least as specific as you're looking at. I was looking at it mainly from a writer's perspective, ease of use, presentation, etc.

I also just found out about Pressbooks, which has a similar approach to Pandamian, but is built on wordpress.

There's Wattpad, too. http://www.wattpad.com/

I've checked out wattpad after SgL mentioned it because of its large reader base. It looks like it has a lot to offer for marketing, but not so much for formatting or design.

Do you know if either market to readers and not writers? I know I sound like a broken record, but the communities like goodreads and wattpad are attractive because they are aggressively self-promoting to a reading crowd.

That has always been fluffyseme's intention from day one. However, it's a bit easier said than done because neither writers or readers are early adopter markets. People tend to have "oh... I'll come back later when you're bigger" attitude. Incidentally, I had the opportunity to meet and talk with the founder of Wattpad a couple of weeks ago. It took them FIVE YEARS to get any traction at all. Both fs and Pandamian are what? Two years old? And I can't speak for Eli on this, but fs is run entirely off my savings ... so pulling in readers at this point is a lot of me recruiting people one by one *lol* while trying to balance everything else~

So yeah ^_^;;;;;; I agree with your viewpoint on this issue 100%, but it will take time before fs is able to show results. *sigh* One day though!