So, Worm is done. The last chapter is up, and comments are just starting to roll in as I type this sentence. I haven't been lynched.
Quite a journey. Where to even begin?
Numbers? 4 million total views with a high of 60k in one day, 11k unique viewers on my best day, 51,000 comments.
All in all, the story is about 1,650,000 words long. 26 or so conventional length novels, across 305 updates.
In terms of general accomplishments, I updated all 305 chapters on time, though there were Wordpress snafus that mucked things up, causing delays that totally weren't my fault. On days I said I'd update, I released updates.
Mess-ups? Oh, there were chapters that weren't so great with two that I scrapped - rewriting one and just tossing the other & erasing it from continuity. The penultimate chapter might have been rewritten entirely if I'd had the time. I had one point where my dog died, and I tried to write a chapter the next day and ended up scrapping it, but I didn't schedule it or promise a chapter that night anyways. There's one big story arc which I plan to rewrite entirely.
It's been a hell of a thing, but it's done.
Where to next? Editing. Oh... so much to edit.
Moving straight on to my next story, sampling chapters to my readers and then starting up the one with the best response (and best gut feeling for me) around the new year.
Possibly a kickstarter involved for getting Worm published, with a possible print run if I can get my audience (or another party) to fund it.
It's only been a short while since the story wrapped up, but I've received an offer to do a video game based off of the serial, and one offer for a deal from a company I'm still not sure I understand (I think it was like Big New World - the serial aggregater, but broader).
I started all this as an experiment, to train myself out of a bad writing habit and build up forward momentum, and here I am. Exhausted, proud, bewildered.