Writing certain scenes/events

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum room to discuss this topic but does anyone ever have trouble writing certain scenes in a story (i.e. climatic scenes, party scenes, scenes where huge revelations go down)?

For me, since I write a soap-opera like story... I'm writing party scenes right now and I've gotten to the point where I'm writing the scene were a big revelation is about to go down... and I've frozen. How does one overcome writer's block for writing particular scenes?

This may seem like very strange advice, but sometimes I've found that watching movie scenes/television scenes with a similar feel can help get the juices flowing. Looking at how artists in other mediums have portrayed scenes of great emotion or great revelations can sometimes be very inspiring. At the very least, if you hate the way someone's staged something, you'll figure out how not to do it that way.

One trick is to write it intentionally wrong. In other words, accept that the scene isn't going to work the way you want it to, then put in effort to make it miss the mark even MORE.

It won't always work, but one of the things that adds to writer's block is the desire to "do it right." A lot of times something that is done wrong can be fixed after the point, but our innate desire to do it right the first time won't even let us get that far. Doing it wrong intentionally removes that particular roadblock, and at the end of it you have something to work with, even if it's crap.

Just write it. Don't worry about how good it is, just write.

An artist will go through dozens of thumbnail sketches before even attempting a composition, which itself will go through half a dozen revisions before it's finished (and that's on a good day). Musicians are the same. Why should writers be any different.

So just write a load of bollocks and worry about it later.