When I started I had multiple sites.
I'd been publishing a webcomic since '96, and I figured "my webcomic readers and my serial readers won't be the same readers, so it'd be easier to organize everything by having multiple sites."
After a few years of that I thought "this is stupid. It's 500% extra work for me, when if I'd put them on the same site my readers would just go read what they want and ignore the rest." So I tried to unify them by making them essentially subdomains of the same domain. It too me YEARS to figure out how to do that, and when I did, the way I did it didn't work when you used SSH (https), which I'd switched to because of the Black Sheep exploit.
So then I thought "well, Drupal is really good with taxonomies, so I can put everything on one site and organize it that way."
So I settled on using eviscerati.org, since it had nothing specific to do with either the fiction or the webcomic. ubersoft.net (my webcomic) redirects to https://www.eviscerati.org/comics, and I have a gnarly set of specific redirects that allows people who have linked my old comic pages to use those links to view the new comics. Meanwhile, I use subdomain and domain redirects for specific serials, so for example:
curveball.xyz goes to https://www.eviscerati.org/fiction/curveball
arakebystarlight.eviscerati.org goes to https://www.eviscerati.org/fiction/rake-starlight
thepointsbetween.eviscerati.org goes to https://www.eviscerati.org/fiction/points-between
Most of those redirects are done by modifying the .htaccess file on my web server.
I use a site-wide theme (which has been criticized here in the past -- I make no claims to being a good visual designer!) so there's no serial-specific graphics.